With winter just around the corner, now is the time to ensure that your car is ready for the cold weather. Taking the time to perform a few simple maintenance items can help to ensure that your vehicle is reliable and safe for the winter months. Here is a winter maintenance checklist for your vehicle:
- Change oil and filter: Having the oil and filter changed regularly helps to keep your engine clean and running smoothly.
- Check tire pressure and tread: Make sure your tires are properly inflated and the tread is in good condition. If the tread is worn, consider getting new tires before winter weather sets in.
- Check brakes: Be sure to have your brakes inspected and serviced if necessary.
- Check belts and hoses: Make sure your belts and hoses are in good condition and free of cracks or leaks.
- Replace windshield wipers: Make sure you have a clean view of the road ahead of you.
- Check lights and signals: Make sure all of your lights and signals are working properly.
- Check battery: A weak or dead battery can cause a lot of trouble in cold weather, so make sure it's in good condition.
- Check antifreeze: Make sure your antifreeze is topped up and that it won't freeze in cold weather.
- Every vehicle is different, so be sure to check your owner's manual for any additional maintenance items that should be performed.
Taking the extra time to perform these simple maintenance items can help ensure that your vehicle is safe and reliable for the winter months. It's always a good idea to be properly prepared. If you need to get your vehicle ready for the winter, we invite you to bring your vehicle into Autotrends today!