According to most automakers, the average driver approximately drives 14,000-15,000 miles per year. We recommend that you track your mileage so that you can know when your vehicle is due for maintenance. In fact, most car manufacturers recommend services at specific mile intervals.
Besides your regular oil changes, tire rotations, and filter changes, the major maintenance services typically occur at every 30,000 mile interval. Over time, fluid levels decrease, screws become loose, seals wear down, and filters collect dust and debris after miles and miles of driving.
Factory scheduled maintenance helps to minimize the wear and tear that naturally occurs when you drive. In fact, factory recommended services, or 30/60/90K service, can extend the life of your vehicle.
The initial step in 30/60/90K maintenance is to evaluate the vehicle's major systems for signs of problems, followed by a number of steps that may include:
- Checking and changing air, cabin, oil, and fuel filters
- Replacing spark plugs and/or plug wires
- Monitoring fluid condition and levels (brake, coolant, transmission, etc.) and topping them off
- Brake inspection and service
- Tire rotation and pressure check
- Oil change
- Belt and hose inspection (timing belt replacement may be required at 90K service)
Get 30/60/90K Maintenance From The Experts at Autotrends!
If you want to learn more about factory recommended maintenance, feel free to call the professional team at Autotrends. We invite you to bring your vehicle to our Greensboro auto repair shop today.